Sunshine Vitamin

I've blogged in the past about a growing trend: vitamin D deficiency.
It seems as though there are a lot of people that are taking the skin cancer reality a bit to the extreme, though I don't believe that is their intent.
No one really says how much sun we are supposed to have, do they?
Just that we're supposed to stay out of it. Sun = bad.

No, the sun is GOOD - in moderation.

I found an article in Parade magazine that I thought was done well.

As much as 70% of children have low levels of vitamin D? Wow.
Rickets, a disease that had been eradicated once milk and other products had been fortified, is on the rise.
I used to think that "rickets" was a funny word, associated with pirates (weren't they the ones who got rickets? Oh wait, maybe that was scurvy, nevermind.).

Comments