My Card

American ExpressBy the time this post is published, I'll be on my way to NYC to shoot a video for American Express. I'm nervous. Quite nervous, actually.

This all started about 4 weeks ago when Amex contacted me for a phone interview. They wanted to know why I accept their card in my shop.

WHY they picked me, I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe I'll ask them "why" when I get there. Maybe I won't.
Anyway, they must have liked my answers because after a couple of phone conversations I am on my way to New York. On their tab ;o)
I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I don't end up on the cutting room floor.

Choosing to carry Amex in my store was a no-brainer for me. I've been a member myself since, I think, '93.
To make a long story short, I believe that despite the slightly higher fees and the couple of extra days it takes to process to your account, a business is foolish not to accept it.
They also have the best Membership Rewards program. Hands down.
And it's common knowledge that their cardholders spend more.
Win. Win.

It makes me happy when my clients ask and are then pleasantly surprised that I accept Amex.

I don't know who is or isn't going to see this video or what is going to come of this surreal experience. But, I am certainly aware of the potential of it.

I do know that Kevin Quinn of STYLEDLIFE is going with me and will be styling this very NON-fashionista. As well as hold my hand through this entire experience.
I also know that I am his biggest fan. - We're partners in crime, you could say.

KQ and I are both small business owners and personally and professionally we have had a very difficult year and a half.
As a matter of fact, financially, so has almost every other small business across our country. I'm grateful for the attention that Amex is showing the small business owner.

Kevin and I are also very aware that something quite special is at play here.
Our gang has a mantra: It's - Not - Our - Fault.

That about sums it up.

Comments