No-poo Movement

It's nice to hear that this is now a "movement".

I'm telling ya folks, "lather, rinse, repeat" and "daily shampoo" are all slogans used by shampoo manufacturers to get you to use more shampoo.

You're gonna just love your hair when you stop shampooing so often. I promise. Save money and your HAIR. Your colors and perms will last longer and perform better.

Here is a good trick to try to wean yourself off of shampooing daily or stretching out your shampooing routine. Determine how often you shampoo. If it is every day, rinse that second day, instead of shampooing. Then, add 1/2 of the styling product you used the previous day. Adjust your shampoo schedule by adding a day of rinsing on that shampoo day, instead. Add a day of rinsing after each shampoo cycle to find out how long you can really go between shampoos.

There is another form of "shampooing" that we seasoned no-pooers in the Poo Movement do. We do a "shampoo" with our conditioner. Yup, we use our conditioner as shampoo. But, I'll save this for another post as we don't want to throw you into a haircare tizzy with all of this new info. How often do I shampoo my hair? About once every 8-10 days or so. Seriously. And, I get a lot of compliments on my hair. I'm just sayin'.

Another factor in this movement? What brand of shampoo to use. Professional shampoo. There is a difference, I don't care what anybody says.

Comments