Monday, November 12, 2012

Kisses xxx

It's no secret, I'm a lipstick girl. And I have been since I was a little girl.

I remember that on each visit to see my grandmother, one of the first things I would do was lock myself in the bathroom and try on her lipsticks. (I was much too young to wear them in public, but I certainly wished I could.) So, I would try them on and then rub the lipstick off before I left the safe haven of the bathroom.
There was something about the smell of her lipstick that completes that fond memory as well (to this very day I must find the aroma pleasing of every lipstick I want to purchase).

This ritual went on long into my adult years (not so much applying her lipsticks, as grandmothers color was no longer my color, but twisting them up and admiring and remembering). I still love that warm and fuzzy memory of that little girl playing makeup!

For the last 15 or so years I have used only one brand of lipstick - Fleur's. Fleur's is a French cosmetics company that has recently pulled their US distribution. Needless to say, I was devastated.
After purchasing every last tube of my favorite color, I was on the hunt for another ethical and non-toxic lipstick brand. - and doing so, as well as trying to navigate all of the untruths in the beauty industry in this country, that is no small feat!

About a year and a half ago I found The Elixery - and in Minneapolis no less!
Creamy, hydrating, amazing ingredients AND great colors - all of the things that make up a wonderful lipstick brand. I had to have them and here they are!

Located in a vintage laboratory in the heart of Minneapolis, The Elixery is an artisan cosmetic house dedicated to old-fashioned craftsmanship.

Their model is simple, but rare: They formulate original products, develop their own colors, and compound products from scratch in their laboratory. This gives them an intimate understanding of their products that few modern companies can claim.

They search the world to source the finest ingredients to ensure their raw materials are safe, ethical, and free of animal testing.

The Elixery is a vegan and cruelty free company. They do not conduct or commission animal testing of any ingredient or finished product, either directly or indirectly. They hold their suppliers to strict standards, requiring certification that each ingredient they use in the manufacture of their products is free of both animal testing and animal-derived raw materials.
peta-banner.gif
PETA Certified - Cruelty Free

I will have The Elixery with me at all of our holiday shows so stop by and try them. We'll play make-up together!
Post a Comment