Friday, September 28, 2012

Bagel Head

I guess I have finally gotten to the age where I can say that I don't understand young people anymore. Pity. I actually never thought I would get there. Really. I've always told myself. "Never forget what it was like to be a teenager." The angst, feeling like nobody understands, wanting to be cool. Never forget.
There's still a big part of me that hasn't. Really.

That being said. I just cannot, cannot, understand this (beauty?) trend: Bagel Head.

It started in Japan in 2008 and is quickly gaining steam with those in this country who are into body modification.

The forehead is injected with saline solution and then after the skin is sufficiently plumped up, they take their thumb and push a hole into the middle so that it resembles a bagel. Hence the name, Bagel Head.

The "bagel" only lasts about 16 hours because the body absorbs the saline solution.

I believe I understand and appreciate a lot of beauty trends; tattoos, piercings, injectionables (botox, etc.). But for the life of me, I cannot get my head around this one. Just. Don't. Get. It.


Post a Comment