Thursday, December 22, 2011

It Works For Me

A friend of mine uses and loves Nioxin shampoo. I've always been a fan of Nioxin (though it is a brand I do not carry). If you have fine and/or thinning hair, it is be best haircare brand I have found, thus far, to help fine hair look and feel thicker and slow the loss of thinning hair.

Roni bookmarked a page out of a book called, The Best of It Works For Me 1991-1999 by the National Psoriasis Foundation, and shared it with me.

The Best of is a compilation of remedies by psoriasis sufferers.

Page 87 - Novermber/December 1998
Nioxin hair products
I have had to contend with scalp psoriasis since my early teens. I am now 37.

"About six months ago, a friend, who is also a hair stylist, recommended that I try the Nioxin line of hair products, thinking that it would improve the strength of my hair and reduce hair loss. It worked and , more importantly, I have experienced an almost total elimination of my psoriasis. The improvement is truly astounding, way beyond anything else that I've ever tried. I may still notice a very light trace on one or two days each month, but in the remainder of the month I have no buildup or trace of psoriasis anywhere on my scalp."

"This Nioxin stuff consists of a shampoo, a scalp conditioner and a clear liquid product that is applied after towel drying. The effect that it had on my scalp buildup became apparent after only about three to four days of use. Total clearing of buildup was achieved in about two to three weeks time and had remained that way since."
J.A/Wisconsin.

If you suffer from psoriasis on your scalp, it may be worth trying. Discuss with your hairdresser which Nioxin range to use as there are several, depending on your hair and if you color it.
Post a Comment