Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Butter

If a beauty product has the word "butter" in it, I am filtering through its ingredient deck faster than you can say the word, butter.
What kind of butter is it? Shea, cocoa, what?

John Masters Organics recently came out with a new product called,  Cacao & Cupuacu Hand & Body Butter.

First of all, I'm not looking for a new hand butter (as you may know, I'm a huge fan of the NONTOXIQUE hand and foot care brand). But, body butter? If it's a rich creamy plant oil, now that's a different story and I want to bathe in it!

Body butter. Check.
Cacao butter. Check.
Cupuacu butter? What is that?! Never heard of it before, how did that happen?

This creamy and emollient butter, which promotes a pleasant touch, smoothness and softness to the skin, boosting the recovery of its natural moisture and elasticity. Highly beneficial for dry and damaged skin, while promoting deep, long lasting hydration. Its high water absorption capacity, due to its high phytosterol levels, makes Cupuaçu an effective alternative to lanolin.
Cold-pressed, refined, and filtered from the seeds of the Cupuaçu Tree in Brazil.

When my sample arrived, I tore into it like it may have a golden ticket inside. This thick rich oil smelled like chocolate, really good chocolate actually. It's golden color and creamy texture reminded me of a honey and bees wax blend. But when I applied it to my skin, it melted immediately.
I went a little wild with my first application, to say the least. That aroma of chocolate was a bit intoxicating, I must admit. How could it smell so rich? I had never smelled cocoa butter quite like that, until now.
So, I did some research on the Cupuacu butter and found out that it too, was contributing to that delectable chocolate aroma.

That sealed the deal.
Post a Comment