Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tomato Fight

Today, I'm heading to Afton Alps for The Midwest Tomato Fest Brawl.

After watching the movie Hook, and its pivotal food fight scene, I immediately put the La Tamotina festival on my bucket list.
The Midwest Tomato Fest is going to be my training ground for the real deal.

I would be lying if I said there wasn't some "beauty" also involved with my desire to pelt perfect strangers with this juicy fruit.
Tomatoes are great for the skin. The antioxidant properties of tomatoes that work inside the body can also do wonders outside. The use of tomato for skin care is ideal because of its cooling and astringent properties. It is rich in vitamin C, making it helpful for skin imperfections and brightening dull skin. It also contains vitamin A needed for building healthy skin. The naturally acidic properties of tomato balance the skin while ridding it of excessive oil. The antioxidants in tomatoes are also free radical fighters.

Isn't beauty fun?
Post a Comment