Thursday, July 7, 2011

Get-Together

Some how, some way, shhh. got into the Minnesota State Fair!

Truly, I owe it all to the efforts of Sairey Gernes of Irely Intimates and TowelTopper fame. That, I do know.
I knew Sairey was filling out the application, I just never thought it was a possibility because I know people who have been waiting for YEARS to get into the fair. Yes, years.  (There are pretty substantiated rumors that the average wait time is 7 years, btw.)

So, just like 'you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket', you can't get into the fair if you don't fill out an application. Thank you Sairey!

As you may  know, Sairey and I have been hitting the streets this summer, promoting our products together. Our products go great together (after you shampoo - shower - shave, you naturally wrap in a towel, thus needing a TowelTopper!)

I believe there is an even stronger reason that she and I are teaming up. Support. We are leaning on one another and cheering for one another, because it is tough these days.
Don't get me wrong, it has always been tough to start a business, but the odds are really stacked against the small business person in this day and age. (The pure deception within the banking industry, telling the public that they are helping the small business owner, simply amazes me.) I am at year #3 of not knowing ONE small business person who has secured a loan - though every billboard and bank advertisement says otherwise.

Somehow, this all makes we entrepreneurs stronger and more determined. We women are pros at that!

My favorite quote as of late is: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Sairey and I are scramblin' to make this whole thing work and we have some very fun things planned for the fair. Come check us out! We'll be on the second floor of the Grandstand.

shhh. + the TowelTopper = a GREAT Minnesota get-together!
Post a Comment