I must agree that it is a very spectacular oil. - Argan oil naturally contains the following compounds:
• tocepherols, including vitamin E-- help to neutralize free radicals on the skin and scalp
• omega 6 -- help to prevent hair breakage
• saponins -- naturally soften the hair and skin
My favorite argan oil? John Master 100% USDA Certified Organic Argan Oil.
The most popular brand is, Moroccan Oil.
Though I have used Moroccan oil and loved what it did to my hair, I looked up the ingredients of this product when I got home from the salon:
- Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil),
- Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract,
- Fragrance Supplement,
- D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17,
- Benzyl Benzoate,
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
I haven't used the John Masters Argan oil on my skin enough to notice a huge difference, because I am always slathering oil on my face. But, I DO love it as an oil treatment for my hair so the skin treatment is just an added bonus.