Friday, June 17, 2011

Argan Oil

Seems like argan oil has been the new "it" ingredient in beauty products these last couple of years.
I must agree that it is a very spectacular oil. - Argan oil naturally contains the following compounds:

• tocepherols, including vitamin E-- help to neutralize free radicals on the skin and scalp
• omega 6 -- help to prevent hair breakage
• saponins -- naturally soften the hair and skin 


My favorite argan oil? John Master 100% USDA Certified Organic Argan Oil.

The most popular brand is, Moroccan Oil.
Though I have used Moroccan oil and loved what it did to my hair, I looked up the ingredients of this product when I got home from the salon:
  • Cyclopentasiloxane,
  • Dimethicone,
  • Cyclomethicone,
  • Butylphenyl,
  • MethylPropional,
  • Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil),
  • Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract,
  • Fragrance Supplement,
  • D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17,
  • Coumarin,
  • Benzyl Benzoate,
  • Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone 
I don't know about you, but I wasn't impressed. If you want to know what some of these ingredients are, check out the Skin Deep website and look them up.

I haven't used the John Masters Argan oil on my skin enough to notice a huge difference, because I am always slathering oil on my face. But, I DO love it as an oil treatment for my hair so the skin treatment is just an added bonus.
Post a Comment