Wednesday, January 19, 2011

StormSister in HD

Having spent so many years behind the chair (you're always looking for models for hair, skin, nail and body care classes) - It was nice to be on the receiving end of a class for a change.
My hairdresser, Miranda of Mirabella Studio, is taking some makeup classes at Faces Etc. of MN and asked me to be a model for her HD (high definition) makeup class.

Miranda has been in the beauty biz for over 10 years - 4 of them being my stylist ;o)  What she does is truly her passion.  Giving her clients a new cut or color and sharing in their lives over the years is what she loves.
She has mastered the art of color, smoothing treatments and hair extensions and now with makeup artistry, she has discovered makeup is not just makeup any lonfwe.  With the introduction of HD comes the need for new technique as well as better products. 
She once again has been introduced to a "whole new world" in our fabulous industry and is thrilled to be training to work on film sets, runway shows, print work and to complete the look for her own clients who need hair styling and makeup for their wedding day.

Que the model search.
And, I love being a guinea pig. Really. I don't care how great or how silly I'm going to look when finished, it just feels good and I appreciate the importance of people practicing and improving their craft, so I'm always a willing participant.

Faces is a Career School teaching multi-media makeup for the production community.
Their students and alumni are certified in every aspect of production from: film, print, HDTV, editorial, bridal, fashion, runway, corporate, music video, and new media.
They work as freelance artists and have done work on numerous Hollywood films, celebrities, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Newsweek Magazine, People Magazine, Metro Magazine, Minnesota Monthly (they have an alumni that worked on the current cover (Ingrid Kent) for the Jan 2011 edition)..Bridal Fairs, Runways Show (recently at the Twin City Bridal fair doing all the runway shows hair and makeup) reality shows, ESPN, Travel Channel and much more.
During my makeup application I realized that talk show host or newscaster, in today's HD environment, would just not be an option for me. The makeup just feels heavy and I just wouldn't want to feel like that day after day. The application is divine, but my skin just felt like it wasn't breathing properly.
Post a Comment