Thursday, September 23, 2010

An Announcement

As you know, I have been on a hunt for funding for a product I have developed.

Because of the current state of lending out there, it is necessary for me to search for a private investor to launch my product (shhh...it's a secret!).

To do this correctly, I need to free up time and energy to concentrate fully on this next endeavor. That being said, I have made the very difficult decision
to close my storefront at the end of October.

The StormSister Spatique online store will continue as it has since 2005 as well as my personal delivery service.

Though making the decision to close my storefront was very tough, I am comforted in the fact that I couldn't get to this next level without having had it.
This is a very exciting time for me as I grow my StormSister Spatique brand.

With the amazing press I have received these last 4 years, and especially this summer(!) I need to strike while the iron is hot and focus completely on this next project.

I simply MUST take this moment to tell you that there are some local press outlets in this town that have gone ABOVE and BEYOND for me and the small business community here in the Twin Cities. If you are a supporter of the small business community here in MN, please tune-in/read the amazing publications/blogs/radio they write/own/star in. They are doing so much to help the small business community thrive here in the Twin Cities; Pioneer Press (Allison Kaplan), Star Tribune (Sara Glassman), AliShops (Allison Kaplan), PopFizz Daily (Sara Glassman), Savvy.mn (Sara Glassman), FM107 Shop Girls (Allison Kaplan and Alexis Walsko), Minnesota Monthly (Katie Dohman), Mpls. St. Paul Magazine (Anna Befort), BeautyBets.com (Elizabeth Dehn), Redhead Ranting (Jennifer Brown), Crave Minneapolis/St. Paul (Kathy Hanson), Bombshell Beauty Blog (Sara Bartlett) and the651.com (Stacy De Young).
Hmmm, I just realized now what all of these contacts have in common, they're women!

I opened StormSister Spatique on Smith Avenue because I believe in my community and want to support it and help it grow. It has been an amazing four years for me here.


I'll continue Tweeting and FBing and blogging about beauty and the beauty biz and bringing in new products to my online store. I'll still be an email or phone call away.
And, you'll will be hearing about my product, soon!

Thank you SO much for your support these last four years. Truly, I wouldn't be where I am without you.

Tune into the FM 107 Shop Girls show this Saturday. I'll talk a bit about this and some fun new beauty products!
Post a Comment