Saturday, July 17, 2010

Evaluation

The first product evaluation from my blind study is in!!! If you're new to this blog, I'm developing my own product.

At this juncture, I'm looking for funding, but in the meantime, I'm doing the work and have recently stepped out of the comfort zone of having clients, friends and family test the product.
It has been in the hands of people I don't know since last Saturday. The last sample was handed out on Wednesday.

10 women, 6 men that I have never met. Yikes. This means they don't have to be nice and tell me they love my product because they know me or love me.
If I'm going to do this, I am going to do it right. Complete strangers have to use my product and give me their honest feedback.

When I got home from work today, there on the table was the first evaluation.
Wow, they had until July 23rd. It's only July 16th. That's a good sign, right?

I kind of felt like it was a note from an admirer and I snatched it up and jumped on my bed to read it in private.
We entrepreneurs, we're funny. Our product/brand is like our lover or child and we are very protective of it. I opened it up and skimmed through the survey's five pages.

4 out of 5 rating. Above average performance (!)
Product texture: Just right (!)
Product appearance: Good visual appeal (!)
Product usage experience: Great experience. Client added they were "surprised" by product usage experience (!)
Client checked: Product performed as promised (!)

There was one glitch.
Client said the "texture was odd" on a certain area of the bod that this product is used on. But, when they were done with the last of their grooming regimen they said it "felt great".
(Sorry about being so vague, but I am keeping this product very secret.)

One down, fifteen more to go....
Post a Comment