Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shine is Good

Allison Kaplan interviewed makeup guru Napoleon Perdis last week (ya, I'm slow) and he had a couple of great makeup tips that I wanted to pass along.

Mascara first - yes first. Before eyeliner, before concealor, before coffee. "Mascara wakes up the face and makes you see that you really don't look that bad," Perdis says.
Brilliant!, I say.

I once had a client that would put mascara on before she went to bed - bad idea by the way - because just in case there was an emergency in the middle of the night, ie., firemen, paramedics, etc.

Anyhoo...my favorite tip from Napoleon?

"It's OK to be a little bit shiny. There's too much foundation in America." he says.

Thank you baby Jesus for Napoleon.

I have included some links to MY favorite makeup products (hey, it's MY blog) in this post.
Post a Comment