Monday, October 6, 2008

Shampooing

I'm not doing my job.

One of my regular clients came in a couple of days ago, just to do a bit of fragrance shopping.

As you know from a previous post, John Masters Organics gave me a ton of samples recently, so I have been handing them out like my clients are trick-or-treating or something. No worries, you won't have to do a trick to get one - Though, if you have a special trick and want to show me, knock yourself out.
Anyhoo, back to why "I'm not doing my job."

I asked her if she has color in her hair - relevant when determining if she needs a moisturizer, reconstructor or just a light conditioner.
No color, she informed me. Ok, how often are you shampooing? Every day, she replied. Ok, stop the presses!
This beauty has been coming into my store for well over a year now and she hasn't gotten the "no-one-needs-to-shampoo-their-hair-everyday" speech. What!? Shame on me.

I kindly told her that unless she is working in a restaurant kitchen, there is no need to shampoo every day. Start with every other day. Then when that is mastered and you are feeling confident, skip 2 days. You'll will save money, time and wear-and-tear on your golden locks, I told her.
We talked about rinsing every day, if she feels the need to start fresh each morning, using half the styling product she used on hair washing day.
I recommend she try it out on a weekend, just in case the new technique throws her into an emotional downward spiral. I don't want my clients to curse me in the morning when I suggest new things and they attempt them on a day they have an important event. Bad ju-ju and I don't need it or want it.

This trick works for EVERYONE, again, except if you work in a greasy spoon.

We have been brainwashed by shampoo companies, to not only "lather, rinse, repeat", but to "use daily".
It's a big fat lie.

Clearly, I need a performance review.
Post a Comment