Monday, October 27, 2008

70% v 100%

There are two INtelligent Nutrients shampoo's, the Total Body Cleanser for Hair and Body.


Lots of questions about these two products and one isn't even out yet. I understand.
I'm going to try to answer all of the questions that have been posed to me up to this point.

The 70% Organic Shampoo is 70% organic versus the rest of the IN products being 100% certified organic. There are simply some ingredients that just are not yet available with the USDA Organic certification ye. The other 30% that is not organic in the 70% Organic Shampoo and 70% Organic Hair Treatment is still GMO-free 100% plant ingredients.

The 70% products were designed for color treated hair and though that is the reason they were designed, some of us just couldn't wait and we are using the Total Body Cleanser with great results. Personally, if your hair is highlighted and blonde, you can use the Total Body Cleanser until the 70% gets here - I should have it in by the 10th of November, by the way.

If you are a bottle red-head, brunette or any other color, for that matter, I would suggest you wait until the 70% arrives in November - For optimum color-retention results.

I don't wait well and if you don't want to either, give the Total Body Cleanser a whirl. If you don't love it for your locks, use it for the rest of you. Remember, it is for your bod as well.

I have been told by the IN brass that the 70% is more gentle (thus being better for color treated hair) than the Total Body Cleanser.

I am curious about this because my hair feels great and it doesn't seem to be an issue, the TBC . My hair is very thick and has loads of highlights in it. I do have to say though, I am not Suzie Q. America who shampoo's her hair everyday either.

Neither should you, for that matter, but that has been another blog all-together. I'm just sayin'.

There are several major differences with the ingredient lists of these two shampoo's. Keep in mind I am not a scientist, but a hairdresser, and I will do my best to explain these differences.

The TBC contains, among other plant-based 100% certified organic ingredients, coconut, sunflower, sesame and Jojoba oils. Now, I do know that there is a way to saponify oils, this is just getting into an area that I don't belong in.

That is one note in regard to the TBC that is very interesting. It needs A LOT of water to get sudsy and then those bubbles are simply the most luxurious feeling I have ever felt in a shampoo.

It kind of reminded me of the Alterna White Truffle Oil shampoo, but even better.

Remember, we Americans have a love of lather and we have been seduced into thinking that we are not getting clean without lots and lots of bubbles. It's bunk people, plain and simple. All of those bubbles are chemical surfactants (sodium lauryl and sodium laureth sulfates) that are simply stripping our skin of its protective barrier.

The 70% Hair Cleanser contains, among other plant ingredients, 100% non-toxic Plant-based cleansers, organic glycerin and organic coffee seed oil.

So, there are some key ingredient differences with these two products and we will simply have to be patient to compare the two shampoos. I'll keep you posted.

One side note. I have had one client with bleached-blonde hair that sampled the Total Body Cleanser and though she just loved both the smell and how her hair felt, she cannot get used to the low-suds factor. Some of you simply may not be able to get over this. It's a reality and a pity.
Remember the Intelligent Nutrients mantra: Everything we put in and on our bodies must be nutritious and safe.
It really is that simple.
Post a Comment